- Airport Lounge Access - available worldwide for you and a friend when you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, regardless of your class of travel.
- Priority Airport Check-in - allows you to check-in at the Business and/or First Class counter.
- Priority Boarding - enjoy the freedom of boarding at your convenience along with First and Business Class passengers.
- Extra Baggage Allowance - an additional 20 kg (44 pounds) where the weight concept applies, or one additional piece of luggage where the piece concept applies.
- Priority Baggage Handling - like you, your bags get priority treatment and are among the first to be unloaded.
- Priority Reservations Waitlisting - when there aren't any seats left on your preferred flight, gives you priority should a seat become available.
- Priority Airport Standby - gives you top priority when standing-by a flight at the airport.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Easy fastrack to Star Alliance Silver or Gold status
Aegean Airlines, a Star Alliance member and Greece's largest carrier, is offering a free 2,000-mile sign-up bonus for their frequent flyer program, Miles&Bonus. The 2k bonus miles count towards elite status, and Blue Card status (Star Alliance Silver) can be attained by earning only 2k more miles (4k total miles) by flying on any Star Alliance carrier. So why is this big? First off, you'll need over 12 times that many miles (25k) to earn equivalent status with United, and Star Alliance Silver gets you 1 free checked bag on United, US Airways, and Air Canada as well as priority check-in, expedited security line, and early boarding. Star Alliance Gold, where the real benefits kick in (see below), can be attained by flying on an additional 18k miles (20k total). What's truly amazing is that elite status with Aegean is lifetime as long as you credit miles to your account at least once every 3 years, which even the rarest leisure traveler should have no problem accomplishing.