- LIMITED TIME OFFER: Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend $10,000 in the first 4 months of Card membership.
- 3X points on airfare
- 2x points on purchases in the U.S. for advertising in select media, gasoline at U.S. stand-alone gas stations, and shipping
- 1X points on other purchases
- Points are earned only on eligible purchases. Bonus points limitations apply.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175
- Introductory annual fee for Additional Gold Cards in the first year is $0; then, $50 for the first Additional Gold Card and no fee for other Additional Cards
- Terms & Restrictions Apply. Offer expires March 14, 2013.
If you feel like you can't reach the $10k spending mark, the 50k points Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card appears to still be available, which only requires $1k in spending within the first 3 months of membership. In fact, Amex even allows you to apply for both cards and log 125k bonus sign-up points since one is a biz card and the other a personal card. Amex's points program, Membership Rewards, recently received a valuation boost when one of their Star Alliance transfer partners, ANA, eliminated all fuel surcharges on award bookings with United Airlines and US Airways. ANA has a lucrative distance-based award chart, especially for premium class travel.